Lana Bellew’s 6 Tips for Successful Grant Writing
- Steer clear of grants that are not a good match for your school or district.
- Take the time to learn about available grants, and then figure out how to match them up to your school’s needs.
- Look online for past winners, and compare and contrast those recipients and their needs to your own unique situation.
- Make up a grant calendar and use it to track existing and potential grant opportunities.
- Take a formal class in grant writing to learn the fine points of the process.
- Be ready to allocate four to five months to writing each grant, and then waiting for a response.